Replacing what’s lost when you leave the office firewall.
Home computers have anti-virus protection — but the typical office firewall does a lot more. Three possible responses:
1. If you’re using a virtual private network (VPN), force user web traffic through the office firewall to secure your remote workplace. There is no cost if users are already using a VPN and your office has adequate Internet bandwidth.
2. Add two-factor authentication (Duo, Microsoft MFA, etc.). As you add more users to your remote access systems, your security risk increases, especially if users need only a username and password to log onto your system. Two-factor authentication is a proven, inexpensive solution.
3. Add Cloud-based filtering. This directs all browsing, downloading, and other Internet traffic through Cloud services for comprehensive security. Cloud-based filtering is quick to set up, and generally involves a reasonable per-user monthly cost.
- Download testing. When a file arrives via download or email, a Cloud service executes the attachment in a protected “sandbox” environment, and only passes it to users if it is safe.
- URL filtering blocks access to known infected and dangerous sites.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). IPS looks more deeply into packets of information being transmitted to users over the Internet. Is this legitimate web traffic? Does it execute a known exploit?
Contact us to learn more or request a free consultation.
We’ll get in touch quickly.
Resources: Links, documentation & more
– Complete workforce defense
– Remote firewall: Cisco Umbrella
– Two factor authentication: Duo
– Security Awareness Training: Knowbe4
We continue to adjust our COVID-related policies and procedures to maximize client protection
- 100% of our staff will be fully vaccinated as of June 24, 2021
- We send only fully-vaccinated technicians to client sites
- Staff who are not yet 2 weeks past their last shot are working from home rather than the NPI offices, to eliminate interaction with technicians who visit your site
- Our visits to client sites are always masked regardless of vaccination status