Replacing what’s lost when you leave the office firewall.
Home computers have anti-virus protection — but the typical office firewall does a lot more. Three possible responses:
1. If you’re using a virtual private network (VPN), force user web traffic through the office firewall to secure your remote workplace. There is no cost if users are already using a VPN and your office has adequate Internet bandwidth.
2. Add two-factor authentication (Duo, Microsoft MFA, etc.). As you add more users to your remote access systems, your security risk increases, especially if users need only a username and password to log onto your system. Two-factor authentication is a proven, inexpensive solution.
3. Add Cloud-based filtering. This directs all browsing, downloading, and other Internet traffic through Cloud services for comprehensive security. Cloud-based filtering is quick to set up, and generally involves a reasonable per-user monthly cost.
- Download testing. When a file arrives via download or email, a Cloud service executes the attachment in a protected “sandbox” environment, and only passes it to users if it is safe.
- URL filtering blocks access to known infected and dangerous sites.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). IPS looks more deeply into packets of information being transmitted to users over the Internet. Is this legitimate web traffic? Does it execute a known exploit?
Contact us to learn more or request a free consultation.
We’ll get in touch quickly.
What we’re doing to keep our staff, our clients, and the community safe
- We are offering clients a variety of free documentation, installation, and support services not normally included in their agreements.
- We are offering folks who are not clients free advice and consultation.
- We work remotely whenever possible — 95% of our staff are working from home during Vermont’s shelter-in-place period.
- We are prioritizing and expediting all work that relates to clients’ remote operation and self-isolation needs.
- We follow rigorous procedures for work that’s required at critical client sites. These include hand-washing on entry and exit; disinfecting keyboards and mice before and after every use; and careful social distancing, such as not occupying cubicles and offices when they’re in use by client staff.
- On request, we will do required on-site work during off-hours, at no extra cost.
- NPI company vehicles are now dedicated rather than shared.